Via del Leone, 27/r
50124 Firenze (FI)
Phone: 055 280186
Mobile: 338 1630574
Fax: 055 280186
Claudio Arezio was born in Florence in 1955. After completing his university studies at the Faculty ofArchitecture in Florence in 1979, he studied violinmaking under the guidance of the masters Roberto Ignesti e Igino Sderci. He builds violins, violas and cellos following the classical style of the eighteenth century Cremonese School using the original model utilized by Carlo Bisiach which come from Igino Sderci's workshop. He uses a red-orange varnish, made with a recipe found in the correspondence between the Bisiach brothers and Igino Sderci during their collaboration between the 1920s and the 1950s.
He has made eighty instruments including violins, violas and cellos, some of which are copies of original baroque instruments. His instruments are played in various orchestras all over the world, as well as by soloists.
The Museum of the Academy of Florence has recently put him in charge for the compilation of a catalogue of the renowned collection of string instruments from the Medici-Lorena Court. The collection includes the tenor viola and the cello which were once part of a quintet built by Antonio Stradivari in l690 for Ferdinando de' Medici, and other famous instruments built by the most important italian masters of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Claudio Arezio also restores and adjusts instruments.
He has a workshop in Florence and he maintains contacts all over the world in the music field.